Monday, July 13, 2009

Canopy Walk

This weekend we got to go on a very cool excursion full of excitment and adventure. It was so nice to get away from the hostel for a couple of days. We loaded the bus early Friday morning and we were on our way. It was a four hour drive full of craziness. It has been raining constantly for the past couple of days and so the roads are terrible. There are pot holes everywhere and so we had quite the journey. I got sick and almost threw up it was great! Our first stop was the Canopy Walk. We hiked up to a tree house in the rain forest and then walked across eight canopy walks that were just hanging in mid air in the trees. It was so scary but fascinating at the same time. The forest was so green and pretty. I had to keep telling myself to not look down! It was so cool!!
This is me right before I started going on the first Canopy. I was a little nervous can you tell! If you look far into the distance you can see another canopy that we crossed!! Everything was so green and pretty!

This is the canopy that we walked across

No comments:

Post a Comment