Wednesday, July 29, 2009

African Villages

I finally feel like I am in Africa now!! We got to go to a remote village this last weekend. It was such an amazing experience. It was just like I pictured Africa to be. They truly have nothing, but you would never know because of how happy they truly are. This experience has taught me so much!! I am truly grateful for all of the many wonderful blessings that I have!! For the roof over my head. For the amazing family that I was born into and for the many wondeful people that have played a part in my life!

This little boy was so adorable!! He loved the camera. He would just come right up to you and smile so big and then we would show him his picture and he would just laugh and think it was so funny!! It was so dang cute!!
This is there birthing mat. Could you even begin to imagine to deliver a baby on this? The many things we take for granite.

Me and some of the cute little kids!! They all walk around bare foot and most of them don't have much on, but not a second goes by where they don't have a smile on the face. They all ran up to the bus when we arrived and didn't leave our side until we left!!


Here they wash there clothes and there dishes!!

This is their home!! They sleep on the hard dirt floor every night. They have barely anything to eat. They have hardly any clothes, but yet they never complain.

As I was leaving the village I just kept thinking why them why did they have take on such a hard life. Did they really choose this in the pre existense? How did I luck out to have a roof over my head, food on the table, clothes, all the many luxuries, and most importantly my amazing friends and family!! I just have to keep telling myself that it is part of the plan. Heavenly Father sees the big picture and everything happens for a reason!

1 comment:

  1. Jordyn, I almost didn't recognize you without your hair. You sexay thang

    ReplyDelete