Friday, July 3, 2009

After a fifteen hour flight I have finally arrived in Africa. I could not be happier. I have talked about going for so long and can't believe that the moment has finally arrived. It is crazy to think that I am clear across the country. Ghana is nothing that I would have ever expected but I love it! The people are so friendly even though we are total outcasts. Today we went and exchanged our money and went to Coala market to get bottled water. I took my first Taxi ride over here and let's just say that it was crazy!! There are no traffic laws here and you definetely don't yield to pedestrians. To signal that you want to get into another lane you wave your arm like crazy out the window. The drivers are constantly honking there horns. It almost feels like you are in New York. People are selling things everywhere mostly in the streets. They walk right infront of your car which is really scary because the drivers don't slow down by any means. I am loving every minute of my trip already. We are so blessed to live where we live and to have all that we have. I have been so humbled since I have been here. I am looking forward to my many adventures yet to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment