Thursday, September 27, 2012

Week 2


Dear Friends and Family,
I can't believe that I am already on week number two.  I love being a a missionary!! It is the best kept secret in our church.  This week has been a great week.  Definitely challenging and hard, but there is nothing like feeling the power of wearing that name badge on your chest, and feeling Heavenly Father's power.  I have come to understand that this truly will be the hardest 18 months of my life, but I know that it will be the most rewarding.  There is nothing greater then feeling the love of my Heavenly Father 24 hours a day. 
This week we taught all of our investigators.  It is amazing to look at the progress that I have made in just two weeks.  So here at the MTC they don't teach you the doctrine behind the gospel, but they teach you fundamentals to help invite the spirit, and seek what your investigators needs are.  So all of you preparing to go on a mission.  Learn the Doctrine now.  There is a reason and a purpose that they ask you to be prepared before you enter the MTC.  I had a really neat experience with Matt again this week.  He committed to baptism.  Even though he was just a pretend investigator I could not have more excited.  Our next lesson with him he took two steps back.  I was very sad for him, but through out the lesson I knew that what he knew before was still deap down in his heart.  I prayed so hard to know exactly what to say to help Matt.  I am hear to testify that the spirit is real.  That if we do everything that we possibly can do that the spirit will do the talking.  I looked at my companion after the lesson and was in awe.  I have never had an experience quite like that where I was able to rely on the spirit.  The spirit teaches me something each and every day.  Those times where things don't go quite the way I want them to I am instantly reminded of my purpose as a missionary.  To bring others to Christ.  That it doesn't matter how many Baptisms I get or how many scriptures I memorize, but what matters is that I am obedient, and rely on the spirit. 
Something really funny that happened this week was right after Gym.  Sister F and I were in the shower, and we always seem to make fun of everybody who sings in the shower.  I shouldn't just say sing, but literally belts there little hearts out.  So I was like Sister F opera let's sing opera style.  She just started to laugh, and then she starts singing all Jazzy.  So I am trying to harmonize with her.  I am literally belting it out at the top of my lungs, and laughing so hard.  Well then she starts singing all pretty, and we all know I can't sing so I just laugh.  Well then I realize that it isn't her voice ha ha!! So I was like um Sister F are you singing and she starts laughing so hard, and was like NOPE!! Oh my word so now I am literally dying, and laughing so stinking hard!! BLESS MY LITTLE HEART!! Got to love being a missionary, and the crazy things you do.
I ran into Elder Anderson this week.  He looked just about as nervous as I did the first day, but I got to sit down and talk to him the next day, and he is happy as ever.  He is going to make one amazing missionary!! He is so humble, and there is just something special about him.  I am so proud of him.  Who would have ever thought we would be missionaries together. 
I have truly gained a testimony of the Book of Mormon while I have been here.  It is my life savor.  Heavenly Father has definitely blessed with a better understanding of it, and helped me to really apply it to not just my life, but also to my investigators.  It truly is the Word of God.  If you don't alreay know it then get on those knees of yours and ask, but not only that READ IT!!  Those days where I don't think I can do this and I open the Book of Mormon and and instantly strengthened with the love that Heavenly Father has for me.  I know that he is aware of me, and my struggles.  That he is always there for each of us, and that is because he loves us.  He has all power, and anything is possible through him. 
So I am really sick of the food haha!!  It is all starting to taste the same, but I sure do love BYU creamery Ice cream that we get on Wednesdays and Sundays.  It is the highlight to my day.  So here at the MTC they don't have Caffeine.  Well we all know of my addiction to caffeine and how it keeps me awake and sane.  This has been quite the challenge for me.  So my dear sweet elders who I love so much found out there there was a Caffeine Cartel here at the MTC.  That is totally top secret.  So since they love me so much they totally snuck in and found it.  The elders were selling them for $3, but seeing how cool my elders are they got them down to $1.  Let's just say that it totally made my day.  Caffeine has never tasted so good in my entire life.
Thanks to everyone for your love and support that you have showed me.  I am truly blessed to have so many good influences in my life.  I love being a missionary!! I have never been so happy as I am today!! This work is amazing.  I know that I am far from perfect, but through the Savior we can all be made perfect.  Have a great week!!!
Sincerely,
Sister Whittaker

No comments:

Post a Comment