Sunday, September 2, 2012

Saratoga Springs Flood

My family had an amazing opportunity to help out with the floods in Saratoga Springs.  It is an experience that I will never forget.  There were over 26 homes that were affected by the flood, one being my Aunt Marjolie.  As we went to check on her there were hundreds on cars, and people everywhere ready to serve.  There were so many houses that were destroyed.  One house that we worked on for a couple hours had mud that was 9 ft tall with tons of hail.  It was devastating. We formed lines carrying buckets, and sand bags.    One man told us that just that day they had 500 members helping out.  This is why our church is so great!!!  I have never experienced something quite like that.  Everybody was working so hard, and doing it with a positive attitude.  I am so blessed to be apart of a church that is so willing to serve.  This experience made me excited for my mission.  It made me realize that I can make a difference in somebodies life, but it also made me realize that I can find joy in doing it!!  My heart goes out to those affected by the flood.  

No comments:

Post a Comment