Saturday, September 15, 2012

Saturday....1st letter in the mail from Sister Whitt

My dearest family,

How are you all doing?  I am now officially a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ, not only that, I am a representative of my Savior Jesus Christ.  Words can't explain the feelings I had as I got set apart and also when I arrived at the MTC.  Everybody told me you would feel different and I honestly didn't believe it, but now I do.  I felt such peace and comfort.  I felt a power that I have never felt before, most importantly I felt joy and the love that my Heavenly Father had for me.  I am so excited to teach this gospel.

Yesterday was a bit overwhelming, but really good at the same time.  My companions name is Sister Farnsworth,  She is 5'11 and has red hair.  She is from Arizona.  She has such a light that radiates about her.  She is very outgoing and I know I will learn alot from her.  There are two other girls/sisters in our district, who are great.  We all share a room and do everything together. I truly was blessed. I know Heavenly Father knows what is best for me and has a plan for me.   I learned something today that I think will help me so much on my mission and that is to love everyone as God would love them.  God has such a strong powerful love, one that we never will understand fully, but we have to try our best and strive each day to be better.

Last night we had a teaching workshop.  We had 3 different investigators, each story being a little different.  One that stuck out to me was the 2nd one.  He was a man from Italy, who believed his son was stuck in limbo, because he was not baptized.  He lived in such pain and guilt.  We we taught him the Plan of Salvation, the light finally came back to his face.  We all sat in silence and just listened and felt of Heavenly Father testifying to us of this truth.  As I watched his face, tears rolled doen his face, I realized why I was here.  I realized the joy that I could bring to peoples lives.  I realized that the people of Nebraska need me.

Family, I can't tell you how excited I am to serve.  How grateful I am for this opportunity.  I know it will be so hard, but one thing I do know is it will be worth it.  I love this gospel.  I know it is true and that through it we too can live with our family forever, that we may also have joy in this life.  Know that I love you and think of you often.

Love always....Sister Whitt

PS  Cathleen won and put my tag on!  However it was so great to see familiar faces.  I also saw Karie Miller, Denece Johnes and Becca Rothey.  Oh and I saw Mitch.  He looks so happy and seems to be doing great.   oxoxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment