Wednesday, May 16, 2012

GRADUATION

After nine months of hard work I finally made it and graduated as an LPN.  It has been quite the process.  I have had many stressful times, long hours of studying, meeting great friends, learning a lot, crazy clinicals, falling out my chair followed by many blonde moments, great instructors, and finally being able to learn what I have waited my whole life to learn.  When I applied to MATC I was an alternate.  Two weeks before the program started they called, and told me I was in.  I was ecstatic.  It is crazy to think that I started my journey 9 months ago, but I can finally say that I did it!!!
Melissa and I.... Melissa and I were best buddies during school.  We kept each other sain through the whole process.  She has three kids, and one on the way.  I don't know how she did it!! Pretty amazing if you ask me. 

This is my class minus three people.  I made some great friends.  We saw each other every day, all day.  We became a little family almost.  We had some good times together which I will never forget. 

Easton and I on our way to graduation

This is what happens when KJ and Linds get ahold of my phone. 

Linds also loves to take crazy pictures with KJ when they get ahold of my phone

Right before we left... Gege made me my flowers.  Which I loved!!
At the graduation they brought us on stage, and did the nurses cap ceremony, and the Florence Nitengal Lamp ceremony.  It was really neat to be able to realize the importance of becoming a nurse.  I have wanted to be a nurse my whole life, and my dreams are finally coming true.  I remember being a little girl, and always knowing that I would become a nurse one day.  Then I remember when my Grandma passed away, and getting to spend time in the hospital, and watching the Nurses make such a huge difference in my life as well as my grandmas.  I wanted to be that person who could help them have a positive experience, and to know that I was making a difference in their lives.  To know that I was doing good in the world. I am half way to fulfilling my dream, and I couldn't be more excited. 

I would not be where I am today if it wasn't for these two amazing parents that I have.  They have been such a huge support to me.  I am so grateful for them, and for never giving up on me.  There were countless times that I called my mom crying because I was so over whelmed.  She always knows just what I need to hear to give me that extra boost.  I truly am blessed to have such amazing parents who taught me that I can do whatever I put my mind to.  I love them, and am so grateful for them. 

I am also so lucky to have two amazing grandparents who also suppport me in everything that I do.  Looking back on my life I can't tell you a time where they weren't to an event in my life.  They have always been 100% supportive, loving, positive, and caring towards anything that I do.  During the ceremony I heard a whistle.  I leaned to Ashlyn who was sitting next to me, and said that is my grandpa.  I was proud!!  What more can a girl ask for. 

KJ and Shea have also been such a huge support to me.  Kyle is making fun of how I smile in this picture.  He totally had me laughing.  That is what I love about them is whenever I was having one of those days these two know how to put a smile on my face.  I am grateful for there support!


Lindsey, Lindsey, Lindsey.... Where do I begin.  I honestly couldn't ask for a better friend.  I remember the day we became friends.  We were sitting in a foods class both frustrated with our friends, and then the rest is history.  From then on I knew I was gaining a best friend that I would have forever!! This picture describes our friendship it is never dull, we are crazy, we always have a good time, and we love being together.  I love to kid around with Brad and tell him that she loved me first!!  I know that Linds and I will always be friends.  I am so grateful for her supporting me, and always being there for me.  She really is the best friend that everyone dreams of having, and lucky for me I found her. 

I am so grateful that I am now an LPN.  I am really proud of myself. It has been a really long, hard journey, but I can now say that I did it!! I take boards on JUNE 17.  I am so nervous, and am praying that I can pass.  So I can officially be a NURSE.  I am so grateful for all of my instructors, nurses that I followed at clinicals, for the opportunity I had to learn and grow, for the hard times that I got through, the friends that I made, and the opportunity I had to fulfill my dreams!!! I hope that I can become an excellent NURSE!!


No comments:

Post a Comment