Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Opening my MISSION CALL

On April 15, 2012 I turned in my MISSION PAPERS. April 25, 2012 my call came in the mail.  I was at school until noon.  My mom ran down to the post office early that morning to go and pick up my call.  Knowing that my call was sitting on the counter made it really hard to concentrate during class.  I finally got home around noon, and there it was sitting on the counter.  It was so hard not to just rip it open.  I had to wait until 8 to open it because Easton had a game.  It was seriously the longest day of my life. 

Logan played such a huge role in my decision to serve a mission.  He has been such an amazing example to me.  I look at the man that he has become, and I want that for me.  I hope that I can be half of the missionary that he is. 

I love these two girls more then anything.  They have always been there for me through the thick and the thin, and have been such a huge example to me.  They are truly my sisters who will always play a huge part in my life. 

Linds is my partner in crime, she is my blonde ditzy friend, she is the best listener, and I could go on forever!   I honestly don't know where I would be without her.  She is MY BEST FRIEND!!  I remember the day we became friends. Who knew we would be forever friends. 

I was overwhelmed with how many friends and family were there to support me.  I am one lucky girl.  Each and everyone of them have played such a huge role in getting me to where I am now!!

This is my second mom ANNETTE.  She is as good as it gets.  A neat story that Annette told me that I had forgotten was when I was on Heritage tours.  We were sitting at Winter Quarters, and I turned to her and said how great it would be to be a sister missionary there. Heavenly Father was listening that exact day, and knew that was where I needed to serve. 
I have been called to serve in the OMAHA, NEBRASKA MISSION. I will serve part of my mission at Winter Quarters on the Mormon Trail.  I will leave September 12, 2012.  I could not be more excited to serve the people of Nebraska.  I know that is where Heavenly Father needs me to be.  I can't wait to bring them the pure JOY that I have.  I know that this is the true and living Gospel.  That Heavenly Father has a plan for each and everyone of us.  He is aware of our every need, and will never lead us astray.  I am grateful for Joseph Smith and for the courage that he had to restore this gospel for us in this latter day.  I know that Christ lives, and atoned for our sins so that we could repent and live with him again.  This gospel is true, and I get to tell the world about it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment