Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Love of a Child

I am staying with my cute cousins Dev and Jax for five days. I haven't watched them for a really long time. I am loving being with them. It makes me so excited to be a mom. To grow such a strong love for my children. To be able to teach them, and also learn from them as well. Tonight Jax taught me a great lesson.

Jaxon, who is nine years old, went into the bathroom, and was just sitting there. I asked him if he was alright, and he said, "yes, I am just thinking". So I began to ask him what about, and then I looked at his eyes and they were filled with tears. I asked him what was wrong, and his reply was,"Jord, these are happy tears". I said, No they aren't Jax really what is wrong, and he said," really Jord I promise". So I asked him what he was happy about and he said,"I am happy I have a mom and a dad. There are a lot of kids who don't have a mom and a dad." So then I started getting happy tears. The tender things little kids say. I truly am grateful to be so blessed with a Mom and Dad who love me, and support me in everything that I do. Sometimes I wonder why I am so dang lucky. I am so grateful for Jax, and for his tender heart! He truly is such a sweet little boy who I love and adore!

No comments:

Post a Comment