Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Bishops Storehouse

Each year around Christmas time my Dads side of the family get together and do some sort of service. This year we decided to go to the Bishops Storehouse. It was such a great experience. It amazes me how much our church does for those in need. I am grateful to belong to a Church who is always striving to bless the lives of others especially those in need. As we walked into the storehouse I was immediately filled with the spirit. We were blessed to be able to go and serve the people from our church. I am grateful for Christmas time, and the opportunity we have to reflect on the birth of the Savior. He was the perfect example when it came to serving others.
This picture was displayed right as you walked in. I would have loved to have been alive when Christ was healing the sick, and serving all those around him.
We missed the Todd whitt clan, and the savages, but we sure had a great time!!
Cathy and I
E, Tess, and Boomer
While we were there the girls restocked the shelves, and the boys stocked the freezers. Everybody worked so hard. We got a lot of work done, and had a lot of fun doing it.
Tess and I.... Tess has a special place in my heart!! She has been one of my Piano students (she actually is my best student, but don't tell my other students). She has a constant smile on her face, and is always so positive. She worked so hard stocking shelves. I have loved watching her grow up into a beautiful GIRL!!
There were four rows of shelves like this that us girls stocked. The church has factories all over the world that helps produce stuff for the storehouse. They have a soap factory, peach factory, peanut butter factory, beef farm, and even a pasta factory.
They received 4,000 brand new coats to get them through the year.
Going to the storehouse made me realize how truly blessed I am. I am blessed to have such a great Family who loved and supports me through everything. I am grateful to have a family who put a roof over my head, and food on the table. I am grateful to be part of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am grateful to have a Savior who led the perfect example. I hope that this holiday season we can remember the true meaning of Christmas, and that we can find ways to serve those around us! The joy I feel when I am doing good for those around me!!

1 comment:

  1. aarg!!! i thought i was your favorite! what the heck is this junk...well you just wait-your going to be just shocked with my practicing this week and i will be your new favorite student! :)

    ReplyDelete