Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Elder Whittaker is off to CHANGE THE WORLD

This kid is going to make an incredible missionary.  I am so excited and proud of him.  The people of Mexico as so lucky to have to him.  

 
J spent the afternoon with all of his buddies.  They all came over to the house, and shared memories that they have had with eachother.  You could hear them in our basement laughing, crying, then laughing some more.  This is a true friendship that these boys have.  I haven't ever seen anything like it before.  They all went outside to say their goodbyes and made this awesome little huddle, and literally sobbed their eyes out.  I have never seen so many boys crying before. It was awesome to see how much they loved my brother.  He truly is such a great example to everyone.  

All of the worthy Priesthood Holders who stood in the circle to set him apart as a Missionary.  The blessings was so powerful.  It was so neat to be able to hear of all of the blessings that he and also my family would receive from him being an obedient missionary.  He was promised that he would be protected, and that he would be a faithful missionary.  I know that he will be an amazing missionary. 

 My parents have now sent 4 missionaries out.  They are so incredible, and have taught us all that we know.  None of us would be there if it wasn't for the sacrifices that they make for each of us each and every day, and also for their conversion to the gospel.  I am grateful for them and for teaching me how important the gospel is. Pretty neat that all of their children will serve missions. 



This little boy was in tears all night.  It was so neat to be able to see how much he loves his brother even after all of the teasing.  

I love this boy more then words can express.  Yes we have had our ups and our downs, but my love for him will never change.  He is the one who keeps us all going, and always gives us a good laugh.  He would always sleep with me because he knew I was scared at night.  He was my little protector.  He has been through some trials to get him to this point today, but I know that he is worthy to serve.  He knows and understands the Atonement, and because of that he will be an amazing missionary.  

Sadly Jensen is Wyatts favorite, and this picture shows you why.  I will miss seeing these two play together.   
Missionary: Someone who leaves their family for two years so that others can be with theirs for eternity.  We are so proud of you Elder Whittaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment