Sunday, July 1, 2012

Missionary Prep

A couple of Sunday's ago I decided to go to Missionary Prep with my brother Jensen.  Of course the one time that I decide to go we end up going to teach at somebodies house.  Everybody had prepared there lessons and were all ready to go.  Where Jensen and I were just kind of thrown into it.  Jensen and I got to go by ourselves.  I was really excited to hear his sweet testimony.  He on the other hand was literally terrified.  He threatened to jump out of the car, he offered to pay me, you name it he was trying so hard to get out of it, but I finally talked him into going with me. I was so proud of him.  He did such a great job, and bore such an amazing testimony.  We went to teach a family in the stake who had only been members for a couple of years.  We read through the lesson a little bit, and then just decided to go.  I am not going to lie I was so nervous, but excited at the same time.  They played like they were investigators, and asked us really tough questions.  Some which I couldn't answer.  It made me really nervous that I didn't have all of the answers. I kept asking myself if I will be able to be the missionary that I want to be. I know that it will all be worth it.  To see the light in there eyes as they talked about there conversion stories, and shared there testimony was an answer to my prayer that serving a mission in the right decision for me.   It was such a great experience to rely on the spirit to teach me what I needed to hear.  The spirit helped me teach them what they needed to know.  I have come to realize that I may not have all of the answers, but I do know that I have a testimony of this gospel.  I know that as long as I am doing everything I can to be obedient, and diligent I will become a great missionary.  I can't wait to teach the people of Nebraska, and to give them the true happiness that I have.  It is crazy to think that in less then two months I will be Sister Whittaker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment