Saturday, February 25, 2012

Nursing School

I am almost through my first year of Nursing School. Can you believe it? I sure can't. It has been a huge challenge for me, but I am really enjoying it. I feel like I am constantly going with school, 20 piano students, and working 48 hrs. I can't picture my life any other way. People constantly ask me how I do all that I do, but I do it because I love it!
We had a clinical last week where we went to Life Flight. It was awesome! I loved it! Life Flight is the best of the best. I would love one day to get to fly with Life Flight. I think it would be very rewarding, but also very hard at the same time.... You are looking at the newest pilot. We got a tour of the planes and the helicopter. I can't imagine the adrenalin rush that the crew gets when they get a call. Talk about CRAZY, but I think I would love it.
One great thing about Nursing School is all of the friends I have made. This is Sarah, and I think she is pretty great!! She has been through so much in her life, but is solid. We have a good time together.
Meet Amanda... She is so darling! While on the plane she pulled on something and totally broke it. It was hilarious because the pilot was giving her such a hard time, but was totally joking. He had us all laughing pretty hard.
This is one of the Helicopters. I was amazed at how tiny it was inside. It would be so hard to work on your patient in that small of an area. These Helicopters can go pretty much anywhere. We watched some clips of some places that they had been. It was unreal.
This is Melissa aka my study buddy. She is great to put up with me. She loves Grey's Anatomy just as much as I do, and so every Friday when we study we have to watch an episode. It is great!!
This is one of the planes that they take when they have to go far distances or if they have more then one patient. It was a great Clinical. The paramedic that we were with said that it would take around 10 years from where we were not to become a Life Flight Nurse. So if 10 years this is where I hope to be. I have a lot of work to do, but I think I can handle it.
I love getting to be the patient. We were talking about Blood Transfusions, and I was the lucky one to get all dressed up. It was awesome! Although I felt like I was going to pass out because I couldn't breath. It was a lot of fun!! I love nursing school even though it kicks my butt. I am learning lots, and hope that one day I will be able to be an amazing NURSE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment