Saturday, February 25, 2012

Elder Whittaker

Elder Whittaker comes home in four months. I can't believe it. I am so excited to have my best friend home. He amazes me each and everyday. He is such an amazing missionary who strives each and every day to be obedient, and to give it his all. He is a completely different person from when he left. What a huge example he has been to me. Below is his testimony from his last letter. Pretty powerful......
All i can do is bear my testimony of how the mission has changed my life. Not gonna lie i dont know how i got on the mission because it all just happened so fast and calmly but mom and dad and heavenly Father got me here. Ever since i have been on the mission i have tried my best to work my hardest and learn everything that i can. I know that i have to become the man that my Heavenly Father needs me to be to continue being his servant after the mission. The only way of completing that is forget about my needs, if i am hungry, thirsty,
tired, that doesnt matter because i am not here for me. I have been able to see way too many people change their lives just by living the principles of the gospel and can only hope that the same thing is happening to my life. I have been able to understand what the spirit is and how it really works. I have understood that i do nothing here as a missionary i am just a way that the spirit can touch the hearts of these people and convert them. I have seen many missionaries even change just by living and doing what Jesus Christ has taught us. I
dont care who you are or what you do but there is not a greater thing in the whole world than my mission, and i will be eternally grateful for my mission. I could not do anything to thank my Heavenly Father. I dont want to go home I feel at home here and hate thinking that this is going to end. The worst part is that it is close. Jordy, the most important thing that i have learned on the mission is that Jesus Christ is my Savior. I hasve had to suffer a little bit and read a lot to really understand what he did for me. It is incredible that i can
mess up and do something against what he asks and then repent. Only a missionary can really come to understand the atonement.

Sure do love you Log

No comments:

Post a Comment