Wednesday, May 4, 2011

You Can Do Hard Things

Yesterday I had a humbling experience at work. We had a patient who was a drug addict and had to put her baby up for adoption. She had found a great LDS couple who were darling. They were so supportive through the whole labor. When I went in there for delivery I had a whole new perspective on the situation. Before I was so upset with this mother for putting those harmful substances in her body because not only was she hurting herself, but she was hurting this poor baby. As I walked in tears streamed down both mothers eyes. The one would soon loose her baby due to her decisions that she had made, and the other was about to welcome a beautiful baby girl into her life and give it a great life. I soon felt sorrow for the poor women who would loose her baby. It made me realize that life is a choice and with every choice we receive a consequence whether good or bad. We are in charge of our life. Due to this patients decision she would soon loose her baby. Annette Pulley was her nurse. She is like a mother to me. After everything was over she turned to the patient and said, "You can do hard things!" Even though this lady did such a terrible thing she still overcame the situation and made things right and hopefully will learn from this experience. This life is not easy, but I know that I too can do hard things. We have a loving Heavenly Father who is with us every step of the way, helping us to do those hard things because he LOVES US!

No comments:

Post a Comment