Monday, October 29, 2012

Week 7


Dear Friends and Family,
Happy Halloween!!! Where in the world did October go? How is everybody doing?  I hope that you are all happy, healthy, and just loving life.  Thank you for all of your love and support I am truly so grateful for each of you.  You have all played such a huge part in my life, and I am here because of all of you.

We had a training this week with all of the newer missionaries, and their trainers.  The training was given by the President Weston, and the Assistants.  Before the training started President Weston said, “You are all the new leaders of this mission.  You need to learn fast, and be ready to train because we are going to need you.” AHHH I am not ready for this!!  I have so much to learn, and so many things that I need to work on.  I wanted to ask him if he realized that he was talking to me and didn’t mean somebody else!  I just want to be a missionary haha!!  I know that Heavenly Father definitely has a plan for me, and that he has confidence in me.  I know that I can do anything through the Lord.  Keep me in your prayers.  I need all that I can get.  

It has been another great week.  I continue to realize why I am here each and every day.  This gospel is such a blessing in my life.  Claudia and Ramsey are doing so wonderful.  They are still on to be baptized on November 10. During one of our lessons we were teaching them The Gospel of Jesus Christ.  We asked Claudia why she wanted to be baptized and she just started to cry.  She said, “We want to change.  We want to do what God wants us to do, we want to be happy! We aren’t just going to get baptized and then start sinning again, but we are going to change for good.” At that moment I was so humbled.  This is why I came on a mission.  If I would only change this one family it would all be worth it.  There truly is nothing greater than watching someone change because of the gospel, to see the light of Christ in their faces.  This is what missionary work is all about.  This is what the gospel is all about.  There is no greater joy!! I am so excited for them to get baptized next week, but I am mostly excited for them to be sealed together for time and all eternity. 

So saying my prayers at the end of the day well let’s just say we go go go all day long, and then when I finally sit down I pretty much fall asleep.  So the other night I was saying my prayers and had fallen asleep whoops.  When all of a sudden I farted and woke myself up!! It was hilarious.  Sister Belka was asleep so I couldn’t laugh with someone ha! I can’t believe some of the stuff I tell you, but you all know I am crazy!!
I had a really great experience at the trail center this week.  A sweet lady who was all alone came in, and just looked at me and started to cry.  She said, “Wow, there is such an amazing feeling here.  The pioneers are here with us.  I needed this today”.  We both just sat there and cried as I shared with her my first experience walking through those doors, and having the exact same feeling.  This truly is such an amazing place.  The spirit is so strong here.  Each day I come, and learn more about the pioneers I grow to love it more and more.  As I learn of their stories of faith, and courage.   I am so grateful be a part of such a great place, and to be able to learn and grow and become who my Heavenly Father wants me to become.  Each day I am reminded of why I need to be here.  Not just to bring others unto Christ but to bring myself closer to him each and every day.  

One of my favorite parts about being a missionary is to back Sister Belka up in the car.  It is so great ha ha NOT!!  Especially when we are in the middle of an intersection, and she can't quite make the turn so I have to run out and back her up.  It is hilarious when she means to go in reverse, but puts it in drive.  I have come up with some really good dances to back her up.  The other day I wasn't paying very good attention, and was dancing and she almost hit me.  It made me laugh.  We both are quite the pair, but we have a good time.  

I love being a missionary.  There is nothing greater.  This work is amazing!! I am so grateful for the gospel and the happiness that it brings to me in my life.  I know that this is the only true church.  That Christs gospel has been restored to the Earth today.  That we have been blessed with all of his Authority and power.  I know that Christ lives.  That he atoned for each and everyone of us.  He is the only way back.  We must repent every single day, and become clean.  So that we can become worthy of the spirit, and be intune with those promptings from the spirit.  Strive each and every day to be a little better!!! I love each of you and hope that you have a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Sister Whitt

P.S Labor and Delivery!! Oh how I miss you! Somebody needs to write me, and catch me up on everything.  In my dream the other night I delivered Jodi's baby.  Is Jodi pregnant ha ha? Has Jax had her baby?  I know you are all busy, but come on you know I am all your favorite and you all want to write me.  I miss you all so much!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jordy's mom. I am one of the lucky ones that got to work with Jordyn on Labor and Delivery. Would you e-mail me her address so I can get a letter out to her? tnejperry@gmail.com

    Erin

    ReplyDelete