Thursday, June 30, 2011

Lake Powell

Lake Powell is a little place I like to call HEAVEN... I wasn't going to make it on the NWT trip, but decided to go down for half of the trip. It was just what I needed. We went with the Taylors, Nielsons, and Swensons. They are all such great people who I love and call my Family!! Shea and I left early Wednesday morning and drove down. This post I want to show you all of the many things that we learned on our Powell Trip

1st thing we learned


We had a full moon every night. It was beautiful! This particular night we learned a great lessons. We had left to a place called Davis Gulch(you will see a picture below) right after dinner. Well we were going to be pushing it to make it back before dark. So right after we snapped this beautiful picture we noticed that Clark and Ann had stopped. They were out of Gas. By now it was almost dark, and our boat was almost out of Gas as well, and probably wouldn't make it if we had to pull someone. Well Jensen immediately told us to say a prayer. So we said a prayer, and made it safetly back. There were so many life lessons we learned from this 1. Always keep your friends and family close, 2. Always remember to pray, 3. Remain Faithful, 4. Always keep a positive attitude, 5. Always look out for the lost sheep, 6. Always remember to thank your Heavenly Father, 7. Always stay on the path and look to light2nd Thing we learned
We have this place that we call the Hud Station.... This picture represents VICTORY!! If ya have to go then go to the HUD 3rd thing we learned


How beautiful Lake Powell is 4th thing we learned


You can't go through a Powell Trip without showing a little Crack!! I bet you can guess whose idea this was ha ha???? 5th thing we learned



To try your best at whatever you do, but most importantly HAVE FUN!!





6th thing we learned


We sure missed our Brother Logan, but we sure celebrated his year mark, and can't wait for him to with us next year!! The funky shorts I am wearing are in honor of him, and the second picture is in honor of the typical Logan Face!!

7th thing we learned


How important it is to have great friends. My Dad and Clark are best friends! If it weren't for them we wouldn't have become so close to the Taylors. I can truly call them my Family!! Each night we had a devotional. Even though we were at Powell we still felt the spirit, and still strived to do what we were supposed to! Thanks to these two and there great examples!

8th thing we learned


To not be afraid to try new things or conquor your fears


This picture is of Shea, Me, Caden, and Jake all knee boarding at the exact same time!! Talk about a blast!!


9th thing we learned
Well this picture just makes me laugh!! J thought that he had caught a huge fish, but really he didn't and it was all a joke!!

10th thing we learned
To Cherish the moments you have together with your family

11th thing we learned


We just swam across the lake with our cool flippers and mask. We learned that we can do hard things, but sometimes we have to rely on a floating device or those around us.

12th thing we learned


That powell is a place we like to call "Heaven on Earth" 13th thing we learned


Family is the most important, and to always be grateful for what you have!! This is a tribute to Logan (His typical face)


14th thing we learned


You can't go through Powell without a little Lovin....Okay so let me explain! Yes, this is me and Caden!! So we were with three newly weds this trip who seemed to be in love if I might say!! So me and Cad decided as a JOKE we would be LOVERS for the week!! So we pretty much were mocking them (I love you guys)!! Well we were praying on the back before we headed out, and everybody kept daring Cad to just kiss me! So I decided to just kiss him! Boy was everybody shocked!! It was seriously hilarious!! His brothers faces were definetly the best!! So bud said Cad if you kiss her again we will give you half of the money we are paying her!! So he totally came up and kissed me again!! This time I was shocked!!

We had such a great time in Powell. We were surrounded by great people, good food, good weather, and just living the dream!! I can't wait for the next trip!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment