Tuesday, June 7, 2011

CHANGE

Life is definitely full of surprises!! I have had this image in my head of how my life will turn out, but over this past week I have come to realize that Heavenly Father has a different plan for me. It has been a rough couple of weeks, but I have learned so much! My roommates all moved out on me so I was left alone in my apartment. Linds has been my best friend for so long. The night she told me she was moving out I literally cried myself to sleep. Life without her just doesn't seem as great! She is the friend that everybody dreams of having! I am so excited for her to get married, but will miss the great times that we had! I also found out that I didn't get into the nursing program. I am the 5th alternate. I still have a chance of getting in, but this go around am not expecting anything so I don't get my hopes up. I was very frustrated when I found out, but now realize that everything does happen for a reason, and as long as I am doing my best Heavenly Father will bless me! Everybody keeps telling me to have patience... Honestly I am tired of learning patience. I feel like my life has been based on having patience, but I know that there is so much I have to learn! This Sunday I had such a eye opener, and truly felt the love that my Heavenly Father has for me. I realized that he truly is aware of me! In Sacrament meeting people kept talking about trials, and how to overcome our trials. In sunday school the lesson was on having Faith that everything will all work out. In Relief Society it was on Revelation and how to listen to the spirit. Each meeting was something that I needed to hear. I have forgotten to do the little things in my life, and I can tell a difference. I am not as happy as I used to be, and I know it is because I am not reading my scriptures as often, I am not praying with a sincere heart, I am not having faith that everything will work out, I am not serving those around me!! All of the simple things that we tend to forget about. So it is my goal this week to be better. Because we have been promised that if we do those little things then we will be blessed!! I have a vision of how my life is supposed to be, but what I don't realize is that what I want isn't always what Heavenly Father has in store for me. I am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the opportunity it gives me to continue learn and grow, and become the person that my Heavenly Father wants me to be!!

4 comments:

  1. You are such an amazing girl! Just love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about nursing. Whatever is in store for you is worth the wait. Love you jordy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sad to hear about nursing school! :( Patience is is a hard thing, trust me, I have had to learn it many, many times, and am still currently trying to learn it. But, Heavenly Father does have a plan, and it will be so much better than what you had planned. You are amazing, and I love you. Let's get together!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jordan! I was an alternate when I applied to my nursing program as well. It sucks, I know! Whenever life throws a bunch of curve balls, especially all at once, it's hard. But I promise you when you finally come out on top, you'll never have known you could be so happy. Love you, hang in there!

    ReplyDelete