Saturday, October 18, 2014

Fall Break in California

Tori and I decided last minute that we would go to San Diego for fall break.  It was a much needed vacation.  Nothing beats being in the sun on the beach with not a worry in the world.  I was grateful that I was able to spend some time with Tori.  Her family was very welcoming, and we had a great time. 

The first day we went to Mission Beach.  It was a beautiful day.  It was a little chilly at first, but it ended up being perfect.  This beach had a carnival attached to it, and a bunch of shopping stores.  It was such a fun scene, and so relaxing.  There is nothing like taking a nap on the beach.  



My favorite part was being able to ride our bikes along the shore.  There was nothing like it.  If only I could wake up every day and ride along the beach.  It would be a pretty great life. We had a lot of fun doing that. 


We also got to ride on a Roller Coaster at the beach.  This Roller Coaster was one of the first ones made in California.  It was definitely old and rickety, but so fun!! When you got to the top it overlooked the Ocean.  It was beautiful!! 

YSA Boat Dance Party
We got to go to a Halloween Dance party on a boat that was with a bunch of YSA.  I was so nervous because I hadn't been to a dance since before my mission. We dressed up as well.  I was a cave woman, and tori was bat woman.  The boat left at 11pm and came back at 2am.  It was seriously a blast.  The boat was huge.  There was 3 different levels.  On the first and last level they had DJs and lots of dancing.  Let's just say I was exhausted after I left, but had such a good time.   

 San Diego Temple
 I have never seen something so beautiful.  This temple was unreal.  The inside was breath taking.  I have never experienced something so pretty before.  It was such a testimony builder that God is real. There was a part after the celestial room where there was a glass portion that was filled with flowers, and as you looked towards the ceiling you could see Angel Moroni.  It was so beautiful.  If it wasn't so far away I would definitely want to be married there.  

 We also got to go to the Mormon Battalion.  It was awesome, but such a different experience.  I realized that God knew which visitor center to send me.  When we walked to the doors they turned somebody away, and I was so shocked.  I wanted to grab them and testify to them.  I automatically went into Sister Missionary mode.  It was however such a great experience.  It was so nice to be able to feel at home again and talk about the faithful pioneers that I grew to love.  I am so grateful for the example of those who served in the Mormon Battalion.  They sacrificed and gave everything they had to be obedient to what the Lord had asked them to do.  It was a great reminder to me that I need to be willing to sacrifice more to the Lord, and strive to be more obedient.  It was a great way to end my vacation.  California was good to us!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment